Prepare for the prospect that someday your phone may be lost or stolen.
PwnKit Linux Vulnerability
- Allows attackers to easily gain root privileges on systems if they have access to a regular user without administrative privileges - referred to as PrivEsc or LPE (Local Privilege Escalation).
- Discovered after 12+ years
- Users should patch their system with the latest updates
SonicWall Critical Bug
- Unauthenticated remote code execution (UnAuth RCE) on SonicWall Secure Mobile Access Gateways
- Meaning you do not need a username and password for the gateway to exploit it and have it run whatever code you want
EyeMed Fined $600k Over Data Breach
- An Ohio-based healthcare provider has been fined $600k after a data breach that exposed the records of 2.1 million patients
Listen to the full episode to learn more.
Security This Week is a podcast for those curious about recent IT security breach events, what they mean, how they were achieved, and how to prevent similar attacks from happening to you.